Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 24 of 230

24 Articulation Agreements University Articulation agreements have been made with several four year universities. Students should contact their assigned ad- visor for details. High Schools Articulation agreements have been developed with service area high schools for technical courses. Students who have graduated from high school within the past three years should check with their high school counselor or Lee Col- lege counselor regarding the possibility of receiving Lee Col- lege credit for articulated high school classes. Students must enroll at Lee College to receive college credit for coursework taken in high school. Students must complete an equal number of credits in residence at Lee College before the ar- ticulated hours can be posted to a student transcript. Please refer to the fee schedule for the current articulation fee. Graduation Graduation Requirements – Associate Degrees To be considered candidates for degrees, students must sub- mit applications for graduation. These applications may be obtained from and must be returned to the Admissions and Records Office. Information regarding eligibility to graduate with honors is set forth in the section titled "Graduation with Honors" (on this page). Graduates who meet certain requirements are guaranteed that their job skills will be current (see Guaran- tee of Job Competency Program, p. 46). Course Waivers and Substitutions for Graduation Division Chairs and the Instructional Deans or Vice President of Learning may, in certain circumstances, approve course substitutions or waive courses listed in degree plans. Course substitutions must be of similar content and difficulty. Stu- dents who have requested substitutions should ensure that these have been received by the Admissions and Records Office and are reflected on the student's graduation checklist prepared by the Admissions and Records Office. Substitution forms are available in the Admissions and Records Office. Commencement Lee College holds commencement ceremonies in May and December. Persons who complete the requirements for certifications and/or associate degrees during Summer and Fall terms are encouraged to participate in the December ceremony. Spring candidates are encouraged to participate in the May ceremony. The approved cap and gown may be purchased in the bookstore. Generally, commencement is a celebration reserved for stu- dents who have completed all of the requirements for cer- tificates and degrees. However, students in associate degree programs who are very close to the completion of their pro- gram may petition for permission to participate in a com- mencement ceremony as "future graduates." To be eligible to participate, future graduates must (1) be within 3-9 SCHs of completion of the requirements for an associate degree, and (2) have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher. Contact the Office of Admissions and Records for more information. The names of future graduates will not be included in the commencement program. However, they will be included in the program for the commencement immediately following the completion of the credits required for graduation. Grad- uates who cannot attend the commencement in which they are formally recognized may request keepsake programs, while supplies last, from the Admissions and Records Office. Graduation Under a Particular Catalog Catalog degree plan requirements change as state regula- tors, transfer schools, and employers change their expecta- tions. 1. Most students follow the catalog in effect at the time of their first enrollment. They have five years to complete those requirements. Unless they have been continuously enrolled (see item 2), students who do not complete re- quirements by the fifth year after initial enrollment must follow a newer catalog (enrollment during the chosen catalog year is required). 2. Continuously enrolled students may follow any catalog in effect since their first enrollment. Continuously en- rolled means completion of at least two terms of enroll- ment per year, including at least one long term, earning at least 12 credit hours each of those years. 3. Students who have not been enrolled in the last 5-9 years may apply for graduation under the catalog in effect at the time of their application for graduation. 4. Students who have not been enrolled for more than nine years must use a current catalog and must success- fully complete at least one new course in that catalog year.

Articles in this issue

view archives of Catalog - 2014-2015-Catalog